Kenya Coconut Development Authority
Kenya Coconut Development Authority (KCDA) was established through a Legal Notice No. 165 of 27th August 2007 under the State Corporations Act Cap 446 to:
- Provide advisory services on matters related to coconut industry for planning purposes
- Collect and collate data, maintain a database on coconut industry, and register all players in the industry
- Assist in the production, processing, grading, storage, collection, transportation and warehousing of all the produce and by products destined for markets
- Arbitrate on disputes arising between the growers and any of the players or among other players in the industry
- Vet and witness contracts entered into between the growers and any other players or between other players in the industry before they are executed
- Appoint agents for the implementation or performance of any function of the Authority
- Monitor imports and exports of coconut produce and by-products for efficient management of the coconut industry.
KCDA offers the following coconut development services:
1. Extension 2. Research 3. Business Dev't 4. Quality Assurance
The extracts from the tree produce medicinal product, nutritional product, furnitures, housefold items and among other products.